NOMINATION DEADLINE: AUGUST 1, 2020
Farm Service Agency (FSA) county committees are a critical component of the day-to-day operations of FSA and allow grassroots input and local administration of federal farm programs. Farmers and ranchers who are elected to serve on FSA county committees apply using their judgment and knowledge to help with the decisions necessary to administer FSA programs in their counties, ensuring the needs of local producers are met. FSA county committees operate within official federal regulations and provide local input on:
• Income safety-net loans and payments, including
setting county average yields for commodities;
• Conservation programs;
• Incentive, indemnity, and disaster payments for some
• Emergency programs; and
• Payment eligibility.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT Lisa.Parchman@usda.gov – 931.368.0252 X 2
County Committee Elections Fact Sheet
Applications for planting cover crops, 2 species, 3 species or 5 species mixes are now being accepted in our office. Example mixes are HERE. We are also accepting applications for assistance for sowing down cropland to grassland. You may print and SIGN UP HERE for cost share on FALL 2020 cover crops.
Approval of applications will be based on agreement to follow COVER CROP specifications and standards as well as availability of funding.
Send all applications to NLHolt@mcgtn.net (or drop box in front of our building) and call us to make sure we receive. Let us know if you have any questions!
Cost Share Application
Cover Crop Specifications
Cover Crop Example Mixes
LIKE us on our Facebook page for links to some great videos of what’s happening on Montgomery County farms, helpful local workshops, and ongoing projects for soil and water conservation…also, we will post announcements on program signups and office operating procedures as they change!
THE JULY 23 NO-TILL FIELD DAY AT MILAN WILL LOOK A LITTLE DIFFERENT…but still packed with lots of great tools!
- All events can be accessed starting July 23, 2020 via the internet from the comfort of your home, office, tractor cab, or truck!
- After 40 years, Milan No Till Field Day goes Online with More Tours, More Speakers, More No-Till Information!
- Access to all research tours during and after the field day
- Pesticide Recertification points and CCA CEU’s
- Virtual Tour of AgResearch and Education Center at Milan and the West Tennessee Agricultural Museum