Timber harvesters and haulers impacted by the effects of the pandemic will now have support from USDA through the Pandemic Assistance for Timber Harvesters and Haulers Program (PATHH). PATHH aids businesses that suffered a gross revenue loss of at least 10 percent during the period of January 1, 2020, and December 1, 2020 compared to the
period of January 1, 2019, and December 1, 2019.
The Farm Service Agency (FSA) is accepting applications for PATHH from July 22, 2021, through October 15, 2021.
According to the USDA – Farm Service Agency Factsheet, applicants must:
• Be a timber harvesting or timber hauling business where 50 percent or more of its gross revenue is derived from one or more of the following:
(1) cutting timber;
(2) transporting timber; and
(3) processing wood on-site, which can include chipping, grinding, converting to biochar, cutting to smaller lengths, etc. on forest land.
• Have been in operation as a timber harvesting business or timber hauling business during the periods of January 1, 2019, through December 1, 2019 (11 months), and January 1, 2020, through December 1, 2020 (11 months), and experienced a loss of at least 10 percent in gross revenue during the previously mentioned time period for year 2020 compared to the gross revenue during the year 2019;
» Note: Applicants must have operated for part of the eligible program period in both 2019 and 2020 to be eligible for PATHH. FSA will adjust the applicant’s gross revenue proportionately if the applicant did not operate during the entire program period.
• Have 50 percent or more of its gross revenue derived from timber harvesting and/or timber hauling during the period of January 1, 2019, through December 1, 2019, and the period of January 1, 2020, through December 1, 2020;
• Comply with the provisions of the “Highly Erodible Land and Wetland Conservation” regulations, often called the conservation compliance provisions;
• Not have a controlled substance violation;
• Be a citizen of the United States or a resident alien; and
• Submit a complete PATHH application form (FSA- 1118) and provide all required documentation as specified in the fact sheet.
For more information view the fact sheet here. MONTGOMERY COUNTY APPLICANTS SHOULD CONTACT THE CLARKSVILLE FIELD OFFICE TO APPLY – 931-368-0252 X 2.